Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Mural Work

Today I began studying the Gospel of John and writing down all the things that Jesus said about who he is.  Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life.   Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." - John 6: 35

I have decided it is time to show the mural work I have done.  My latest mural was for my grandson.  I designed it referencing photos from a book about our National Parks.  The background is a scene in Yosemite. There are three deer, a bear, a fish, an eagle, a squirrel and two wolves in the painting.


My first mural I created years ago at the Tulsa zoo for the Australian Tawny Frog-mouth bird exhibit.  Here are the mock-up panels I presented to the art director at the time so that she could choose which scenes I would put together on three walls.
As you can see, the panels can be rearranged so that you see more plants or more rocks.  Unless the exhibit at the zoo has changed, my signature can be found at about eye level toward the front on the right.  It was great fun to paint large like that!
I am ready now to take on more mural commissions.
 

2 comments:

  1. I was there about 1 1/2 years ago and it was still. The kids always like to go point it out.

    ReplyDelete