Saturday, February 23, 2013

Art of the Day


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him..... Romans 15:13
 
I confess.  I have failed to paint for two days now.  My excuse is that I am on the road and all I want to do is drink in the beauty.  Today our journey brought us to New Mexico and a wonderful peace settled around me as the vast desert and mountains came into view.  The sunset turned the mountains a deep purple near Albuquerque and streaked the sky with orange.  The highway traffic did its part adding twinkling headlights to the darkening ground. 
 
I decided to share with you someone else's art I saw today.  I took this snapshot at a rest stop in New Mexico. It is called "Prayer Sticks" by John Geldersma.  From the angle I took you can see a map of the world reflected from the opposite wall.  I hope all believers will join me in remembering to pray for our country and for the world.
"Prayer Sticks" by John Geldersma 2007
Carved and Painted Wood Installation for Art in Public Places Program, New Mexico
 

No comments:

Post a Comment