Thursday, February 14, 2013

Painting of the Day

I call today's painting "Blood in the Garden."  Its is a cross-bred red and yellow Zinnia from my garden.  As we enter Lent I am reminded of the agony of Jesus Christ as he prayed on the Mount of Olives, in preparation for his impending suffering on our behalf, so that those who would accept his gift would have eternal life.

He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me, yet not my will, but yours be done."  An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.  And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. - Luke 22: 41-44

Blood in the Garden
acrylic on canvas covered board (12 x 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment